Data Cable Internet Access
Enable your mobile phone or All In One handheld device to be used as a wireless modem, letting you surf the web from your laptop anywhere there is cellular coverage.
Have an HSPA device? See Dealer for a list of HSPA handset compatible plans – use our Store Locator page to find a dealer near you.
What you need:
- A data-capable wireless phone or smartphone.
- A data cable to be used to tether your laptop for wireless connectivity.*
- A Dial-Up Internet Plan or our Talk, Text & Surf Plans
- Our free downloadable MTS Connection Manager PC Software - Downloading the MTS Connection Manager PC Software will allow you to manage other Internet connections including Ethernet, Wi-Fi or cellular 1xEVDO.
Please note: The Data Cable Installation software has been replaced with the MTS Connection Manager PC Software. The MTS Connection Manager PC Software is an enhancement to the Data Cable Installation software. With MTS Connection Manager PC software program, you can quickly and easily manage your wireless connectivity and get access to email and Internet anywhere the preferred data network is detected.
With Connection Manager, you can connect seamlessly to:
- Home ethernet connection.
- MTS residential or personal/business WiFi gateways
- MTS Hotspots
- MTS Cellular 1xEVDO network
Information on MTS Connection Manager
Connection Manager License Agreement (PDF 17 K)
* A Data Cable is usually sold separately at an MTS Connect Stores or MTS Wireless Dealer location. Some mobile phones and All-In-One devices come with a data cable. Ask your dealer for more details.
MTS design mark is a registered trade-mark of Manitoba Telecom Services Inc., used under license.