Welcome to the new 4G LTE Wireless Network from MTS.
The MTS 4G LTE network gives your smartphone the speed you need. The next step in wireless technology, 4G LTE gives you the power to:
- Stream movies seamlessly and with less lagging
- Download music, pictures, and apps faster than ever before, play multi-player games online
- Quickly access emails and business document
- Experience richer and clearer call quality as HD Voice launches on the MTS 4G Wireless Network
The enhanced 4G LTE network is now capable of delivering download speeds up to 150 Mbps* and upload speeds of up to 50 Mbps*, ensuring that you enjoy your new LTE smartphone to its fullest.
*Peak download speed under optimal conditions. Actual speeds may vary based on device, topography and environmental conditions, network congestion and other factors.
Coverage and Roaming
Province-wide 4G Coverage
We are committed to offering Manitobans the best coverage across all of our Wireless technologies. MTS was the first to offer 4G LTE in Winnipeg and Brandon, and more recently in Steinbach, Selkirk, Portage la Prairie, Grand Beach, Victoria Beach and Ste. Anne. Customers who do not reside in a 4G LTE coverage area are still able to take advantage of our 4G LTE wireless devices on the current 4G HSPA+ wireless network.
If you have a 4G LTE device and rate plan, you can use the 4G HSPA+ Wireless network when you’re outside a 4G LTE coverage area. When customers travel outside of a 4G LTE coverage area within Manitoba, their 4G LTE device will leverage our 4G HSPA+ wireless network. Meaning that customers will enjoy 4G voice and data across Manitoba.
To view our complete 4G Coverage, visit our Manitoba Coverage Maps.
When travelling outside of Manitoba with your MTS 4G LTE wireless device, you will roam across Canada and internationally on 4G wireless networks. MTS 4G LTE customers will roam on 4G HSPA+ networks in over 200 countries and on 4G LTE networks in a growing number of international markets. This means that MTS 4G LTE customers will enjoy great speed and coverage throughout Canada and around the world.
Evolution of MTS Wireless Technology
Building on the success of our 4G HSPA+ Wireless network deployed in 2011, we are now investing in the next evolution of 4G technology with the introduction of the MTS 4G LTE Wireless network.
Whether HSPA+ or LTE, MTS offers customers province-wide 4G coverage plus the ability to roam across Canada and in over 200 countries worldwide.
In addition to our strong and reliable CDMA wireless network, MTS now offers two layers of 4G speeds with our HSPA+ network and new LTE network.
- 4G LTE technology is available in Winnipeg, Brandon, Grand Beach, Victoria Beach, Portage La Prairie and Selkirk delivering download speeds of up to 150 Mbps* and upload speeds of up to 50 Mbps.*
- 4G HSPA+ Technology delivers 21 Mbps download speeds province wide, allowing 97% of Manitobans to enjoy fast HSPA+ data speeds.
- CDMA Technology is our tried, tested and true wireless network offering reliable mobile broadband services to over 72% of Manitobans and wireless voice technology to over 97% of Manitoba’s population.
*Download and Upload speeds listed above represent speeds under optimal conditions. Actual speeds may vary based on device, topography and environmental conditions, network congestion and other factors.
Samsung Galaxy S5
For a speedier and more social smartphone experience that helps you live life to its fullest, make it the Samsung Galaxy S5™.
- Ground-breaking 0.3-second Auto Focus lets you stop time in its tracks for the perfect shot.
- Dual Wi-Fi antennas and LTE let you download at lightning speed.
- With an IP67 certification in dust and water resistance, you can use the Galaxy S5 with confidence in any weather.
- Security has been upgraded and personalized. You can unlock your Galaxy S5 with the swipe of your finger.
Learn more about Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
With the power of the Galaxy S4 in a more compact shape, the Galaxy S4 Mini truly is a life companion that won't weigh you down!
- Whenever you look away, Smart Pause pauses whatever you're watching and resumes where you left off when you look back at the screen.
- Goodbye to language barriers! Say or text what you need translated and the Galaxy S4 Mini will read or text back the translation.
- Like having a tour guide that fits in your pocket! S Travel gives you local attractions and tour guides perfect for your next trip!
- Track your workouts, daily food intake, weight levels and even get current status of your surroundings for those outdoor workouts!
Learn more about Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Introducing the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Now, your daily tasks become ordinary! Control your Galaxy Note 3 without having to use your hands! Simply say "Hi Galaxy" and your desired command.
- With Action Memo you can make calls, create new contacts or even do location searches; all from your hand-written notes!
- Hover the S Pen over the screen and press the pen button to instantly access a palette of 5 new S Pen features!
- With its advanced handwriting recognition technology, the Galaxy Note 3 recognizes both your handwriting or typing!
- Never lose a note again. With S Finder, you can search your entire phone, from hand-written memos to the web!
Learn more about Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Huawei E397 Internet Stick
Take the lightning-fast 4G LTE Internet wherever you go you with the Huawei E397 LTE Internet Express Stick. Use it to stay connected to your colleagues and friends when you are at home, on the road or on the go.
- Browse the Internet faster with LTE speeds
- Plug and play connection manager
- Versatile portability
- MicroSD™ slot (up to 32GB)
Learn more about Huawei E397 Internet Stick
MTS is continuing to add new LTE devices to its product line. We are also offering a selection of plans to meet the voice and data needs for consumers and business customers alike. Here are some of our current popular plans:
Internet Stick Plan
With the Mobile Internet Flex Plan from MTS, you’ll never go over on your data again. Plans include Manitoba data and Canadian data and adjust to the next tier if your data use rises. Visit our Mobile Internet Flex Plan page for more information.