BlackBerry Email Setup Instructions
Setting up your BlackBerry smartphone to send and receive emails is quick and easy - you can do it in a few steps online at your computer or right from your smartphone.
- Email Setup Instructions from a Computer
To configure email accounts directly from your computer, make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
- In a web browser type: mtsm.blackberry.com.
- Click New Account.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Type the PIN and ESN.
To find your PIN and ESN on your BlackBerry smart-phone, go to Options menu from main screen, click Status.
- Click Continue.
- Fill in the required login information, including UserID, Password and Confirm Password and select a language.
- Click Sign Up.
If you have upgraded your BlackBerry smartphone to a new BlackBerry smartphone you will need to reconfigure your email settings, you can do this directly from your computer by following the instructions above.
- Email Setup Instructions using your BlackBerry smartphone
To configure email accounts directly from your BlackBerry smartphone, make sure your smartphone is connected to the wireless network and that you're in an area of wireless coverage.
To add or create an email address using the setupwizard.
- In the setup wizard, on the Email Setup screen, select I want to create or add an email address option.
- Click Next.
- If necessary, click Update Now.
- If necessary, click Create New Account.
- To accept the terms of license agreement, select Yes option, then click I AGREE.
- If necessary, type a login user name and password of choice, click Next (record your user name andpassword in a safe place).
- Complete the instructions on the screen.
If you require further assistance with setting up your email accounts on the BlackBerry Internet Service provisioning site, check our Store Locator to find the closest MTS Dealer location.