How do I setup my MTS email on my Smartphone?
In order to set up your @mymts email account on your Smartphone, you must:
- have an active @mymts email account; and
- know your password. If you have forgotten your password? Reset Your Password before setting up your @mymts email on your phone.
- For further information on setting up your mymts email accounts on a Smartphone, visit Windows Support - Go Mobile with Outlook.com.
- From the home screen, select Email setup, Email settings or Setup Wizard.
- Select Create or add an email address, and accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- On the Email setup screen, select Outlook. (On some phones,you'll go directly to the Outlook address and password fields.)
- Enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password and select Next.
- If the steps are successful an account setup confirmation email message will appear.
- Click Close or OK to exit.
You may need to remove your battery for 5 seconds and put it back in for the email account to show up on your device.
For help with your iPhone, visit Apple Support - Setting up Mail.
- Tap Email > Add account.
- Enter your full Outlook.com address and password, and tap Manual setup.
- Account type: Exchange.
- If your phone has a Domain field, leave it blank.
- If your phone has a Username field, enter your full @mymts.net address.
- Enter your Outlook.com password.
- Server name: m.hotmail.com.
- Ensure the Use secure connection (SSL) is checked, and tap Next.
- Choose your account options, and tap Next.
- Optional: If you are asked to choose an account color and name, use Outlook.com for the account name.
- Tap Next to finish setup.
When you first set up your Windows Phone, you could sign in with your Outlook.com ID (i.e. your @mymts.net address). If you didn't sign in then - or if you have more than one Outlook.com ID - follow these steps:
- On Start, slide left to the App list, tap Settings > Email & Accounts.
- Tap Add an account > Outlook.com.
- If the Before you sign in screen appears, tap Next.
- Tap Outlook.com ID and type your Outlook.com ID (your @mymts.net address).
- Tap Password and type your Outlook.com password.
- Tap Sign in.
- The first Outlook.com account that you set up cannot be deleted from your phone.
- If you set up additional Outlook.com IDs on your phone, photos in those additional accounts won't be synced to your phone. For this reason, it is recommended that you maintain only one Outlook.com ID and use the aliasing feature to create multiple email addresses if needed.
- Using the Browser on Your Phone
You don't have to set up your @mymts email account on your smartphone and instead can access your email through the browser on your phone. Enter: www.outlook.com and sign in.