How to Use Voicemail
Up to three messages can be stored for three days from the date of deposit. Each message can be up to one minute in length.
- Choose a Standard Greeting or Personalized Greeting for callers to hear.
- You must enter your password to access your Voicemail. Your password is the same password used to make changes to your account through the #TALK menu.
- There is no charge when messages are left in your mailbox. Airtime charges apply for retrieving your messages and changing your greeting.
- To Setup and Access Your Voicemail
To set up Voicemail from your prepaid phone, dial *97. The Voicemail menu will prompt you through the process to customize your voice mailbox and set up your greeting.
- Voicemail Menu Map
Use this guide to assist you when accessing your Voicemail. The numbers correspond to the options in your Voicemail.
Review Your Messages (Press 1 in main menu) Key Function 1 Rewind the message. 3 Fast-forward the message. 4 Replay the message. 5 To get envelope information about the message. 7 Erase the message. 9 Save the message in archive. Personal Options (Press 2 in main menu) Key Function 1 Select a standard greeting - a pre-recorded message to inform callers you are unavailable to take a call. 2 Personal greeting options - lets you record and change your personal greeting. Exit Voicemail (Press 3) Key Function * Exit from the Main Menu. Additional Function Keys Key Function * Cancel or exit to the previous menu. # Complete or skip message.
- To Retrieve Messages
When accessing voicemail from your prepaid device airtime charges apply.
To retrieve your messages from your prepaid cell phone:
- Press *97.
- Then press SND.
- To retrieve your messages from another wireless phone or from a landline phone, dial the prepaid cellular number. At the greeting, press 9.
To retrieve your messages from your prepaid cell phone while in a province other than Manitoba:
- Dial your Prepaid cellular number 1 + 204 + 7 digit phone number.
- Then press SND.
You will be charged airtime plus long distance for the call.
- Receiving Voicemail Notification
All Voicemail subscribers will be notified when they have messages waiting in their mailbox. A message waiting indicator will appear on the handset when in the MTS digital service area (handset dependent). The handset must be digital, and be operating in a digital service area.
Some older cellular phone models do not have a Message Waiting indicator. These phones may need to have a Message Waiting tone, which will notify with a beep that a message has been deposited in the mailbox. In order to add the Message Waiting tone to a handset, call MTS Customer Service at *611 or 204-225-5687 (204-CALLMTS).